Bochumer Eisenhütte GmbH & Co KG (hereinafter referred to as BE) takes the protection of personal data very seriously. We have therefore taken technical and organisational measures to ensure that BE complies with data protection regulations. All web activities are conducted in accordance with the applicable legal provisions on the protection of personal data and data security. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments; however, there is no guarantee of full data security when communicating by e-mail. Therefore, we recommend that you submit confidential information in the mail. By using our website, you agree to the collection and processing of your personal data pursuant to this data protection statement.
§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
§ 4 Use of Google Maps
(1) In the following, we provide information about the collection of personal data through the use of our website. Personal data are all data that allow for your personal identification, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, and user behaviour.
(2) The controller pursuant to § 4(7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Bochumer Eisenhütte GmbH & Co. KG, Klosterstraße 46, D-44787 Bochum, Germany. You can contact our data protection officer using our postal address with the addition “for the data protection officer” or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or using our contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, if applicable your name and your telephone number) will be stored by us in order to respond to your request. We delete the data collected during this process after storage is no longer necessary, or limit the processing if statutory retention obligations exist.
(4) If we make the use of the services of subcontractors for individual functions within our offer, or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. Here, we also specify the criteria that determine the storage duration.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us pursuant to § 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right of rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the sources of your data if these have not been collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling as well as, if applicable, meaningful information about their details;
- pursuant to § 16 GDPR, to request the prompt correction of your personal data held by us;
- pursuant to § 17 GDPR to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise, or defend legal claims
- pursuant to § 18 GDPR, to request the restriction of processing of your personal data, if the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful but you refuse its deletion and we no longer need the data but at the same time you need said data to assert, exercise, or defend legal claims or you, pursuant to § 21 GDPR, have filed an objection to the processing;
- pursuant to § 20 GDPR to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, current, and machine-readable format or to request transmission to another controller;
- pursuant to § 7(3) GDPR to revoke your consent once given to us at any time. As a consequence, we may not continue the processing of data based on this /strong> consent for the future and
(2) If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to § 6(1) sentence 1 lit f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to § 21 GDPR, insofar as there are grounds for this which arise from your particular circumstances or which revolve around an objection against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right to object and we will implement that objection without the specification of a special circumstance on your part.
Please direct your request/objection to email@example.com, or in writing to the following address:
Bochumer Eisenhütte GmbH & Co. KG
Klosterstraße 46, D-44787 Bochum, Germany.
(3) Additionally, you have the right to complain about our processing of your personal data to a supervisory authority for data protection
§ 3 The collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) When you merely use the website for information purposes, i.e. when you do not register or otherwise provide information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which are technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee the security and stability of the website (legal basis: § 6(1) sentence 1 lit f GDPR):
- IP Address
- date and time of request
- content of request (concrete webpage)
- access status/HTTP status code
- data volume transmitted
- referrer URL
- operating system and interfaces
- language and version of the browser software
(4) In addition, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your device for a specified period to optimise the user-friendliness of our website. If you visit our site again to use our services, it will automatically recognise that you already visited our website and will automatically fill-out and set certain entries and settings you have made, so that you do not have to enter them again.
(6) The data processed by cookies are required for the purposes mentioned, in order to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties pursuant to § 6 (1) sentence 1 lit f GDPR.
(7) Most browsers automatically accept cookies; however, you can configure your browser such that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies might restrict our website’s functionality.
Detailed instructions for managing your own data in connection with Google products can be found here.
§ 5 Use of the analysis tool Matomo
This website uses the web analysis service software Matomo (www.matomo.org), a service by InnoCraft Ltd., 150 Willis St, 6011 Wellington, New Zealand, (“Matomo”), which collects and stores data on the basis of our legitimate interest in the statistical analysis of user behaviour for optimisation and marketing purposes pursuant to § 6(1)(f) GDPR. Pseudonymised user profiles can be created and evaluated from this data for the same purpose. Cookies can be used to do this. Cookies are small text files that are stored locally in the site visitor’s Internet browser cache and which allow us to recognise your Internet browser, among other things. The data collected with Matomo technology (including your pseudonymised IP address) is processed on our servers. The information generated by the cookie in the pseudonymous user profile is not used to personally identify the visitor to this website and is not combined with personal data about the user with which the pseudonym is associated.
If you do not agree to the storage and evaluation of this data from your visit, then you can object to its storage and use at any time with the click of a button. In this case, a so-called “opt-out cookie” will be stored in your browser, which means that Matomo will not collect any session data. Please note that the complete deletion of your cookies means that the opt-out cookie will also be deleted and may have to be activated again.
You may choose to prevent this website from aggregating and analyzing the actions you take here. Doing so will protect your privacy, but will also prevent the owner from learning from your actions and creating a better experience for you and other users.
§ 6 Further functions and offers of our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services which interested parties can use. As a rule, you must provide additional personal data necessary for us to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing conditions apply.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions, and are controlled regularly.
(3) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if this is necessary to perform the contract, enforce our rights – in particular for the enforcement of claims arising from contractual relationships –, and for safeguard our own legitimate business interests in advising and supporting our customers, and if we offer the conclusion of contracts or similar services together with partners. For more information, please provide your personal data or see the description of the offer below.
(4) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the relevant consequences in the offer description.
§ 7 Data security
We use the common SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser when you visit our website. This is usually a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form is indicated by the symbol of a key or closed lock in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction, or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
§ 8 Changes to the data protection statement
We reserve the right to update this data protection statement from time to time, in particular to reflect changes in legislation or jurisdiction. We therefore recommend that you visit this website regularly to keep informed about the protection and processing of your data.
§ 9 General
At BE, we additionally take corporate data protection very seriously. The relevant legal provisions stipulate that personal data shall be processed such that the rights of data subjects to the confidentiality and integrity of their data is safeguarded. According to these regulations, it is prohibited to process personal data without authorisation or in an unlawful manner, or to intentionally or unintentionally violate the security of the processing in a way that leads to destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure, or unauthorised access. Our employees have therefore been obliged by us to maintain confidentiality and in particular to comply with the data protection regulations for maintaining confidentiality in accordance with § 5 (1)(f), § 32 (4) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Employees are therefore prohibited from processing or using personal data without authorisation or making them accessible to third parties in any form. If external service providers are commissioned by BE to process personal data for the first time, they will be contractually obliged to comply with the requirements of § 28 GDPR.
May 25th, 2018